Chemical Description of Etizolam 2 mg:
Etizolam 2 mg also called Etinax-2 is a heterocyclic composite with a diazepine ring combined with a triazolo ring and a thiophene ring. It belongs to the chemical group of thienotriazolodiazepines. Etizolam has a pharmacological and operational resemblance to the benzodiazepine group of medicine which has a diazepine ring attached to a phenyl ring.
Uses of Etizolam 2mg:
Etizolam is specially prescribed for 2 main disorders which are:
Short term insomnia: Short term insomnia is referred to as failure to sleep for a longer time which is further linked with symptoms like anxiety, fatigue, memory loss, and irritation.
Anxiety panic attacks: It manages anxiety disorders which are categorized as sweating of palms, hyperactivity, agitation, attacks, etc.
Dosage and routes of Administration of Etizolam:
Etizolam is dispensed as a permitted base in 0.5 mg- 1 mg tablets for oral consumption. The appropriate dose for anxiety is 0.5 mg 1 to 2 times a day. And the appropriate dosage for short term insomnia is 1 mg to 2 mg, ½ hour to 1 hour before bedtime. Some health care advisors have also reported a higher dosage which ranges up to 4 mg of Etizolam a day. Do not exceed more than 4 mg as it can be linked to life-threatening side effects and reactions.
Onset working of Etizolam 2 mg:
The onset action of Etizolam 2 mg is observed within 30 minutes to 40 minutes of the oral consumption which stays for about 4-5 hours continuously.
For fast observation of onset working it is advised to consume the medication without food, however, if you have problems such as acidity or stomach pain then it is recommended to intake Etizolam with food or 1 glass of milk. Make sure that you do not consume high oily or high fatty food as it may lead to a delay in the onset working of the medicine.
Adverse Drug Reaction:
Some of the knowledgeable side effects of Etizolam are sleepiness, muscle tenderness, memory problems, confusion, inaudible speech, vertigo, drowsiness, excessive sleepiness, headache, visual instabilities, urinary retaining, stomach pain or discomfort, inordinate salivation, uncommon shaking of legs, arms, loss of sexual desire, loss of memory, etc.
Some skin reactions on Etizolam 2 mg are erythema, rashes, itchiness, hives, malaise, peeling of the skin, red spots, lassitude, etc.
It is advised to keep a complete focus on precaution so that you do not come in contact with any of the side effects. In case, if you notice any kind of moderate to severe symptom then get medical aid without any delay.
Advantages of Etizolam:
Etizolam has various advantages that will help you to gain its benefit if used appropriately. Some of them are mentioned below:
Etizolam acts on the receptors in the brain and helps to provide relief from tension, stress, anxiety, muscle tension, and insomnia.
It also aids to improve depression, low back pain, muscle contraction, muscle stiffness, headache, psychosomatic disorder, anxiety, tension, neurosis, hypertension, etc.
Preventive measures and safeguards on Etizolam:
Some important preventive measures you need to monitor while taking the treatment with Etizolam is discussed below:
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while taking Etizolam as this medicine can cause drowsiness and consuming it with alcohol can lead to unnecessary interaction and increase the risk of faintness.
- Do not overdose this medicine as Etizolam is an adequate habit-forming medication, so it will be better if you inform your medical practitioner beforehand if you have drug addiction problems.
- Consumption of Etizolam is not recommended for a woman who is on her pregnancy period or breastfeeding as in both cases it can cause trouble to the child. In such a situation you can ask your health care expert to assist you with an alternative remedy.
- Etizolam is not suggested for patients suffering from Myasthenia gravis- a situation where muscles wear out easily resulting in extreme weakness and other problems.
- It is mandatory to inform your health care professional if you have any sensitivity towards the elements or ingredients of Etizolam 2 mg. As he can help you with other suitable treatment.
- Patients with Narrow-angle glaucoma and Porphyria are not advised to use Etizolam tablets.
- This medicine should be used with care and precaution in people with severe kidney and liver issues. Suitable dosage alterations and monitoring the proper function of kidney and liver during the ongoing treatment is advised.
General warnings on Etizolam:
Consumption of Etizolam can lead to suicidal thoughts and preferences. So you should notify your practitioner if you persist in mental problems such as stress, chronic psychoses, depression, phobias, etc. in such cases you should be extremely cautious and careful.
People with a practice of drug abuse and alcohol should use Etizolam with proper care and cautions as in such cases it can increase the threat of adverse effects that can origin life-threatening complications.
Patients consuming Etizolam in high doses can experience a decrease in blood pressure leading to fainting, headache, etc so use Etizolam with extra care if you have high or low blood pressure issues. Make sure that you keep a frequent check on your blood pressure.
Unexpected discontinuation of Etizolam 2 mg can provoke withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, convulsions, mood alterations, tremor, headache, sleepiness, stomach pain, etc. So discuss with your medical practitioner if you want to stop using the medication.